Hi everyone! It’s been a loooong week, so I’m pretty excited that it’s almost over! And I’m really excited about the Her Tern Half on Sunday and the expotique tomorrow! Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see how things go this weekend! Anyways, since it’s the Friday before a race weekend I was super excited to see that this Friday’s Friday Five prompt from Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney is “Favorite Race Swag”. I’m a huge fan of good race swag, and I can’t wait to share my favorites with you!
1. Zion Half Marathon: Not only was the race shirt the cutest one I’ve ever gotten, the medal was HUGE! And after the race we got an entire box of food to take with us. I will run another Vacation Races race again for some more awesome swag!
2. Disney Princess Half Marathon: Honestly, the swag that came with this race wasn’t that great, although the medal was pretty awesome. But the stuff they had for sale at the expo was legit! I spent way too much money in the official merchandise tent, but I use this stuff all the time so it was worth it!
3. Beat The Blerch Half Marathon: I’m in love with the medal. We also got a sweet zip up shirt. But I honestly think the best part of this race was getting The Oatmeal to autograph my race bib and his book!
4. The Love Run Half Marathon: We got a nice tech shirt and a sweet medal, but the coolest part was the finisher’s mug! I love drinking coffee out of it after a long run.
5. The Kris Kringle 5 Miler: This is a pretty cheap, low key race in Reading, PA. There’s not even a medal for finishers. But runners get a really cool hoodie, and the design changes each year! Plus the post race food spread is pretty insane.
I’m hoping I can run this race WHEN I GO HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I’m coming back to Philly for a week and a half at the end of December! Just writing those words gives me goosebumps. I’m so excited! If anyone wants to run with me while I’m chillin on the east coast let me know! You know I’m always on the lookout for fun races 🙂
There’s one more race with awesome swag that needs to be mentioned, but the swag is so awesome that it seriously needs its own blog post. Which it will actually have on Monday, because I’m talking about the Her Tern Half right here in Anchorage! This race is advertised as Alaska’s most plush women’s only event, and they’re pretty serious about that. Here’s some pictures from last year’s expotique:
Race entry comes with a shirt, as well as some gift certificates to Brooks, Her Tern Boutique, and Nathan. There are so many cute Brooks HTH shirts for sale, HTH Nathan water bottles, and lots of cute running accessories! The best part is after the race though – we’ll be getting a seriously awesome bracelet with the finish line coordinates on it instead of a medal, plus a HTH champagne glass for our free mimosas. I love having the option to purchase lots of cute race branded swag, so I plan on going nuts on Saturday!
I love finding races with awesome swag, and since I’m looking for races to run in all 50 states I’d love your suggestions! What’s your favorite race swag?