Hi everyone! Friday is finally here, and it brings another round of the Friday Five Linkup with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia! This week’s theme is “Five Good Things” and I’ve decided to focus on 5 good things in my life right now! It’s spring in Alaska and I feel like I’m in a good mood all the time, mostly because of these things:
1. My job: Seriously, how many people can say that? My coworkers are amazing (we run together, have bi-monthly potluck lunches, and are even doing a race together this summer!) and I feel so supported and appreciated every day. And it helps that we’re doing some pretty awesome stuff and I’m so passionate about what I do! My students were beyond amazing this week and I’m starting to get sad that school is over in one month. Can’t they just stay with me forever?
2. Girls on the Run: My kiddos are CRAZY sometimes (in the best way possible – so much energy!) but every day is so much fun! The goal is to help prepare them to run a 5k at the beginning of May, and some girls are already really close to running 3 miles in our 30 minute workouts. We have them make a lap goal each day, and then they count laps using beads on a pipe cleaner “bracelet” – we give them a bead every time they run around the track. Does anyone want to do that for me on my next run? 🙂 We also learned about cooperation and standing up for yourself this week so they get some good life lessons too. I can’t say enough good things about this program!
3. Coffee: This is nothing new. But oh man, am I loving it this week. Current fav: Wawa Pumpkin Spice K-Cups that my sister in law sent me at Christmas. It makes me feel like I’m back home!
4. Reality TV: All of my favorite shows are on right now, and I am so incredibly happy about it. Teen Mom OG, Catfish, Dance Moms, Married At First Sight…it’s all good right now!
5. New Running Plans: I’ve got less than a month until official Her Tern Half training begins, but I’m taking some steps now to make sure that I get faster and stronger over the summer. I’ve been running shorter but faster runs, as well as hill repeats (honestly, not as bad as I thought). I didn’t talk about it earlier this week because I was still trying to figure stuff out, but I just started an Intro to Pilates Boot Camp last weekend! I’m still not sure how I feel about it, but I’m giving it a shot to see if it’s something I want to stick with. I feel like I’m constantly trying to fill the void that Barre3 left in my life, and neither yoga or Pilates is really doing it. But I’m going to stick it out for a while to see if I can make it work. I’m also doing a bit more group running, which I’ll try to talk about next week! I know I need to step out of my comfort zone and do something different to get better, so hopefully I’m on the right track.
As for this weekend – I’m not really celebrating Easter, but I am going to be making my family’s typical Easter dinner (honey ham, au gratin potatoes, and crescent rolls!) and we’ll hopefully get to share it together over Skype! And I plan on running, hiking, and just enjoying being outside all the time 🙂
So what’s good in your life right now? Share one thing with me! And what will you be eating over the weekend?