Hey everyone! It’s FRIIIIIDAAAAAAAY! I can’t believe this was a short week for me (I had MLK day off) – it feel like the longest week EVER. So excited to sleep in! And of course, I’m excited to be joining the DC trifecta Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia for Friday Five! This week’s theme is “5 things about me” so get ready to learn some random stuff right now.
1. I’m NOT a morning person so all of my runs/workouts happen after 3:00 pm. Every run, ever. Except races, and the treadmill run last week at noon where I thought I was going to puke because it was way too early for running. For some reason I can’t handle it in the morning, but after work I’m ready to go! One thing I do want to try is a short yoga routine in the mornings to help me stretch before starting my day, but who knows if I can ever get it together enough to make that happen before coffee!
2. I actually like winter. Which now fully explains why I moved to Anchorage, right? 🙂 I love snow and running in cold temperatures and not sweating for months unless I’m working out. I think that snow/frost is the most beautiful thing on earth. This winter in Anchorage has been warm and snow-free, but we’re supposed to get our first “big” storm (AKA more than 1 inch) today and I can’t wait!!!
3. On that note, I don’t like the beach. Things that bother me: heat, humidity, sunscreen (I hate the smell/feel, but use it anyways because I’m so pale so don’t worry!), and murky bodies of water. Which perfectly describes an east coast day at the beach. Beaches in Alaska are good though. No heat, humidity, or any expectations on getting into the water here!
4. I had appendicitis when I was 21. This came up at work yesterday and I realized that I have only met one other person that I know of who has also had an appendectomy, so I’m wondering if any of you had one too? I have a scar the size of my index finger on my left abdomen that will never go away and horrible memories of multiple IVs and a breathing tube and not being able to eat for 3 days, but otherwise I’m okay 🙂 How did I figure out I had it before my appendix exploded? WebMD of course!
5. I’ve kissed the Stanley Cup…twice. My husband AKA the biggest hockey fan on earth says that it’s sacrilegious to kiss the Stanley Cup if you haven’t won it. But I couldn’t resist! I saw it for the first time when I lived in Pittsburgh and then again when it came to Philly for the Flyers Wives Carnival. It was awesome being able to touch (and kiss!) something with so much history!
I hope you enjoyed my weird random facts! I love these kind of posts and can’t wait to check all of yours out too!
What’s something random that most people don’t know about you? And please let me know if you’re one of the 1 in 15 people who had appendicitis too!