Hi everyone! You may have noticed in Monday’s post that I’ve joined the Fall Fitness Challenge hosted by Nora at Adventures of a Mother-Daughter Running Duo! The following bloggers have joined up too:
Ariana at HappyLife.HealthyLife | Brandi at Noteworthy Running | Michelle at Fearless Beauty Fitness | Kathy at MamaMarathoner | Diane at Runnin Rocker | Alicia at NeverEverBeenSkinny | Kristin at Exploring Domesticity
The challenge is to do at least 10 minutes of exercise a day. And I’m excited to report that I did that, although most of it was not “traditional” exercise!
Last Friday: I RAN through the airport with my coworker to catch our flight to Anchorage! Plus I spent 45 minutes teaching a mock lesson to my trainers so I think those both count.
Saturday: I was super sick all day, but managed to get my dance on at Oktoberfest in Alyeska! There’s a local ska band in Anchorage and they were playing all night. So much fun!
Sunday: I carried the last of our belongings into our apartment, including our bed, 2 dressers, a mattress, and the new sofa that we bought Saturday night. That is one way to get in an arm workout!
Monday: Andrew and I went for an hour long walk on the Chester Creek Trail, which is where we learned how crazy pretty it is!
Tuesday: My first run in Anchorage, which you can learn more about here.
Wednesday: Hours of unpacking and more heavy lifting. I hate moving. On the bright side, my closet is almost done and it looks awesome!
Thursday: Another 3 miles on the Chester Creek Trail because you can never have too much of a good thing!
As for my other goals:
1. Get completely moved in to our new place: Nope. But I’m hoping by the end of this weekend it will be mostly done!
2. Step up my running game: I ran twice this week which is awesome because I’ve barely run this month at all. Baby steps here, but I’m thinking I can get in 3 runs next week!
3. Join a gym: I’ve been asking around at work to get an idea of what the gyms here are like. I’m probably going to start calling places next week, but I just had too much to do in the apartment this week to devote any time to this.
4. Start cooking more: I don’t even have dishes yet, so this one has clearly not been accomplished. Maybe next week?
5. Go pumpkin crazy! This one definitely happened! Out of the 3 pumpkin yogurts I tried this week, Oikos was my favorite! I will be stocking up on that at Walmart this weekend 🙂 I also tried Quaker Pumpkin Spice oatmeal and it was pretty good, but kind of fake tasting. I need to try to make my own!
I’m loving this challenge so far because it’s definitely making me more conscious about what I’m doing when I get home from work and clearly I need all the help I can get. Also, I don’t feel guilty eating pumpkin flavored yogurt every day. I love fall! By next week hopefully I’ll meet goal #1, continue to do great with #2 and #5, and start with goals #3 and #4. Wish me luck!
What are your goals this week? What’s the best pumpkin thing you’ve eaten in the last week?