Hi everyone! It’s Friday and time for another Friday Five linkup with Mar on the Run, Eat Pray Run DC, and You Signed Up For What?!. This week is a topic that has me SO CRAZY EXCITED! We’re doing a fall preview and I seriously can’t wait to start thinking about fall!
You may have heard me mention it in Wednesday’s post, but up here in Alaska it already is fall! Morning/night temps are in the 40s, I can see my breath when I’m outside, and the leaves are already changing colors and beginning to fall. And honestly, I’m ready for it! Fall is my favorite season and I love planning fun things to do! Fall is a short season in Alaska, so many of the following things are happening on our trip down to Seattle/Philly in 3 weeks. So what 5 things am I looking forward to most this fall season?
- The Beat The Blerch Half Marathon in Carnation, WA: This race sold out in less than 30 minutes, and it’s obvious why – not only do I get to run with The Oatmeal and have him sign his newest book about running, I get to eat Nutella and cake at the aid stations and may occasionally be chased by The Blerch! I am so exited for this race and kind of tempted to start using Nutella as long run fuel.
- Yuengling’s Oktoberfest 5k in Bethlehem, PA: This may just be a 5k, but I’m treating it like a huge event! Mostly because I’m running it with some of my friends and there will be so much food and beer at the end. Yay!
- Apple and pumpkin picking: I’m going to do this when we go home and I can’t wait for all the typical fall things! The orchard we go to has the biggest, juiciest apples ever and some seriously good cider donuts! Plus they serve Pennsylvania Dutch pumpkin ice cream (I can’t remember the brand but it is AWESOME) and you know how I am about pumpkin desserts! And carving pumpkins is always fun, and probably something I can’t do in Alaska. This whole post is about fall so I had to share the one super fall activity that we have planned!
- Being in my best friend’s wedding: I am so honored to have been asked to be a bridesmaid in my best friend’s wedding on October 4th in PA! She was my maid of honor and I can’t wait to be part of her special day too! The wedding is the main reason we’re going home in a few weeks so I’m pretty excited to do all the fun bridesmaid stuff that I missed while I was in Alaska and see her finally get married!
- Moving and starting a new job: I still have no concrete job details to share with you – I will say that I did receive a rather informal job offer in Anchorage but I’m still going to interview at a few more places and will make my final decision in 2 weeks when we finish up in Seward. It’s nice to know that I have something in place in case I can’t get a more serious job offer before we leave (long story)! In the mean time, Andrew is still looking for a job and we’re trying to find a nice, cheap apartment to move into! And is it too much to ask for it to be kind of near the running store so I can go to all the fun events? Priorities.
And because any fall post isn’t complete without it, I would like to give an honorable mention to PSLs, which are on my plan for the entire fall season. Think I’m crazy? Then you clearly didn’t read this post. All you haters can calm down and just accept that this is where all my money and calories are going for the next 3 months.
What are your big plans this fall? Do you have any races planned?