Hi everyone! This week’s Friday Five Linkup with Mar on the Run, Eat Pray Run DC, and You Signed Up For What?! is a writer’s choice – I can write about any 5 things that I want to! Since I’ve kind of been down about my current running situation recently, I’ve decided to write about my 5 biggest running goals!
- Run a marathon. It took me a while to really come to terms with this goal, but I can fully tell now that it’s going to happen. I don’t know when or where, but I can feel that one day very soon I’ll be ready for this. Choosing one will be such a hard task because I know how special my first (and maybe only) marathon will be. And right now I’m leaning towards Philly 2015…and yes, I know how hilly Manayunk is! It would be so amazing to be able to run a marathon in my home city. I am open to suggestions though because I know there are so many awesome races out there!
- Do a trail race. My brief experience with trail running made me appreciate how seriously hard trail running is, but it also made me want to do more of it. I think training for a small and easy-ish trail race would probably be a really fun experience. But I’m not sure if I’m ready for any trail runs in Alaska since everything here is so steep!
- Finish a half marathon under 2:30. I know most people can do this no sweat, but I haven’t done it yet. I got so close in the Love Run Half (2:30:46) and I can’t wait to break that time goal! An even bigger goal: finishing in under 2:15 someday! But hey, one step at a time right?
- Do a back-to-back race challenge. After running the Disney Princess Half, I was totally amazed by all the girls that ran the Glass Slipper Challenge, which involves running the 10k on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday. I felt the same way at the Runner’s World Half and Festival, which was even harder – a 5k and 10k on Saturday and a half on Sunday! I think it’s amazing when people run back-to-back races and I’d love to try it someday! My back-to-back bucket list race is the Dumbo Double Dare at Disney Land. I’ve never been there and that’s a perfect excuse to visit 🙂
- Run a Ragnar relay. I have no runner friends to form a team with, but I’d love to do this someday! Possibly the trail version since I heard there’s smores? If anyone else wants to run one let me know, I am so there!
And since I’ve decided that all goals need a time goal as well, I want to reach all of these goals in the next 5 years. Basically that’s 1 goal per year which is perfect! Now I just need to choose which goal to tackle first…maybe #3 next month? 🙂
What is your biggest running goal? Do we share any of the same goals?