Hey everyone! Today I was going to write a post about the fact that it was Friday and talk about 5 random things like I always do. BUT I’m feeling adventurous and I decided that instead of just writing a blog post on my own over here I should join up with other bloggers who are basically writing the same thing! So I’m officially hopping on the linkup bandwagon here and joining 3 of my favorite bloggers Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run, and You Signed Up For What?! for their weekly Friday Five post! Yay first one ever!
This week they’ve even got a topic for us: Five Places I’d Like to Run. I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately since I’m trying to make a race bucket list and I’m really excited to share my answers and learn where other bloggers would like to run as well!
1. Fairbanks, AK on the summer solstice. Fairbanks is really far from Seward even though we’re in the same state (it’s 9 hours away), but at the top of my running bucket list is the Midnight Sun Run, a 10k that takes place at 10:00 pm! It’s really light out here at 10:00 pm so I can only imagine how much lighter it is all the way up there! The sun truly doesn’t set up in Fairbanks on the summer solstice, so that would be an amazing time to be there!
2. Big Sur, CA. Andrew and I got to drive part of the PCH when we were in California last summer, and I absolutely loved the views between LA and Santa Barbara. But I’ve always wanted to drive along Big Sur, and you know what’s even better than driving it? Running it! You get more time to stare at the scenery that way 🙂 There is the Big Sur International Marathon, but since I don’t know if I’ll ever be marathon ready I’m glad to know that there are shorter options as well. I mean, look at that course!
3. New England in the fall. This is the most non-specific place ever, but I’d love to do a race anywhere in New England in the fall. There is nothing like pretty fall trees to make me want to run outside all day! The Mount Desert Island Marathon/Half Marathon takes place in my favorite place on earth (Acadia National Park) and it’s in the fall so it looks like that just took a spot on my race bucket list!
4. The Golden Gate Bridge. It might seem like I have some sort of Cali obsession going on, but who wouldn’t want to run across one of the most iconic bridges in the country? I’m sure I wouldn’t get tired because I would be so excited! It looks like there are quite a few races that cross the bridge so my chances of actually running this someday are pretty high!
I found this picture on Google but I’d love to actually recreate this someday!
5. Charlestown, SC. My aunt lives in Charlestown and I seriously love how beautiful the city is! I think it’s my favorite place in the south. I really want to do a race there someday, but knowing how bad I am at dealing with heat and humidity it would probably have to be a winter/early spring/late fall race! I love all the old buildings, the palm trees, and especially how flat it is 🙂
Of course, my favorite places to run are Ridley Creek State Park back in PA and the waterfront trail here in Seward, AK. Both of them have amazing views, tons of wildlife, and lots of happy running memories. If you’re ever in Philly or Seward you should check them out! I’d like to run in both of those places every day, but unfortunately I probably won’t get to run in RCSP again for a long time.
There you have it – my very first Friday Five Linkup! I’m excited to join you guys for as many Fridays as possible!
If you could go for a run anywhere, where would you choose? Do we share some bucket list races?