Hey everyone! It’s finally FRIDAY! Why is today so fabulous?
1. I’ve scared myself almost every day this week.
Remember this post where I talked about doing things that scare you? Well I’m totally into it right now! Last weekend I was being lazy and spending a bunch of time online and I found out two amazing things: there is a new Barre3 studio that opened in Berwyn on Monday, and they’re offering FREE classes all week, and there is a spin studio only 10 minutes from my office that is offering all of their “new” classes for FREE until the 25th! So Tuesday was my free spin class day, and today I managed to get off the wait list and into the free 4:30 Barre3 class! My muscles hate me right now but they’ll have to suck it up. Look out for a blog post next week with details on how these classes went! Yay for FINALLY starting to add cross training into my life!
2. $1 any size coffee at Wawa is back!
This is the best time of the year, hands down: any size coffee at Wawa only costs $1. Yep, even the really big one. Wawa makes so much money off of me every January!
3. I learned why people love long runs.
Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to run my 4.5 mile run outside at Ridley Creek State Park! It’s right down the street from my office and the 4.3 mile exercise trail can easily be made into a 4.5 mile run. I’ve blogged about that super big 1 mile long hill that starts off this run before, and I have to say that it still intimidates me every time I try it! Yesterday I totally destroyed that hill and then went on to run the fastest 4.5 miles I’ve ever done. My average pace was 10:33 and I managed to come in under 10 minutes per mile on 2 out of 4.5 miles! What!!!! That is FAST for me and I couldn’t believe how fast I was able to do it and how alive I felt after the run – as opposed to the dead feeling I sometimes feel after my long runs! Now I understand why people do long weekend runs – because you can run your “short” 4.5 milers super fast!
Look at that hill! I know it makes me a stronger runner but…ouch.
4. I won another totally sweet giveaway!
I’ve won some awesome giveaways ever since I started blogging, and yesterday I got my latest giveaway prize from Kelsey who blogs over at Fueling Strong! She had a giveaway hosted by Core Power for a whole set of workout gear and a sample of their protein drinks. I thought the giveaway sounded interesting and figured I could use a new set of workout gear, and I’m so glad I entered because here was my prize!
As I unpacked my prize I started screaming with excitement because not only did it come with a new yoga mat in its own carrier (which fits into the gym bag!), a stability ball, and a sweat towel, it also game with a really nice Camelbak insulated water bottle and a gym bag that has a separate compartment for my running shoes! How awesome is that!
I’ll be trying the protein shakes next week and I’ll update everyone on how they taste and if they help with my run recovery! And I’ve seen a lot of these Core Power giveaways all over the internet so if you see one of them you should totally enter!
5. My spring race schedule is finally coming together!
I’ve got this big goal to run 14 in 2014, and after not signing up for any January races I decided I needed to start registering for the spring race season asap! Here’s my schedule so far:
- 2/8: Abominable Slowman 5k in Wayne, PA
- 2/23: Disney Princess Half Marathon in Orlando, FL – my first half marathon ever!
- 3/9: St. Patrick’s Day 8k in Washington DC – this is an awesome opportunity to visit my best friend and do another out of state race!
- 3/30: The Love Run Half Marathon in Philadelphia, PA thanks to my awesome free race entry
- 4/13: Hershey 10k in Hershey, PA with the fabulous Lindsay from Lindsay Weighs In!
- 5/4: Broad Street Run 10 miler in Philadelphia, PA – I know the lottery hasn’t opened yet but I am doing this race somehow! I will seriously do a fundraising entry if necessary. If you’ve ever done one of those for Broad Street please share your experiences!
It’s a pretty busy race schedule but I like the mix of shorter races with the longer ones. Plus 4 of those races come with bling!
Now it’s your turn to tell me why your Friday is fabulous! Have you ever taken a free workout class? What’s your favorite place to get coffee? What races are you doing this spring?