It’s October!!! I’m so excited for my favorite month! Changing leaves, chilly hikes, humidity-free runs, nonstop pumpkin food and decorations, apple picking…I’m in heaven! Although to be fair, it was 80 degrees today and should be 85 tomorrow, so it doesn’t really feel like October 🙂
Looking back on September, I had a few goals that I was working towards throughout the month. So how did I do?
1. Don’t gain any more weight: I am happy to report that I’m at the same weight as last month – but that my clothes seem to be fitting a bit better. I definitely lost some of the bloat that I had from eating like crap in August! Goal achieved!
2. Workout at least 5 times a week: I didn’t consistently do this one. I was working out about 3-4 times per week at first. Towards the end of the month I was up to 5 times a week though, mostly because I went into hiking overdrive! I think in the future I’ll post a weekly workout recap to keep myself more accountable. The important thing is that I’ve made running such an important part of my routine that I don’t even hesitate to fit it into my schedule anymore. That’s awesome progress!
3. Eat out only once per week. And because I’ll be cooking at home more, I will buy less processed food and eat more fruits and veggies: We still eat out about twice a week…but whenever we eat at home we add veggies to our meal! If we can’t fit it in at dinner, I eat peanut butter and carrots for my snack. I’ve also been eating more fruit. I think I did pretty well with this goal.
4. Find a healthy (and delicious!) pumpkin bread recipe that I won’t feel guilty eating: I’ve pinned a bunch of stuff, but haven’t tried it yet. Hopefully I’ll have time this month to try out a bunch of new recipes!
5. Read 2 books: I read Wild by Cheryl Strayed (IT WAS AMAAAAZING! If you enjoy hiking, being a badass woman, and going on adventures you should read it!) and I’m almost done with The Flight of Gemma Hardy (it’s a Jane Eyre type story set in the 1940s). I love that every time I sit down to read, I can say I’m just working towards my goals 🙂
So I don’t think I did too shabby! I made running more of a priority, ate healthier, read more, and didn’t gain weight. Now for my October goals:
1. Work out at least 5 times per week. It’s a pretty good goal, and I haven’t fully achieved it yet, so it’s staying on the list!
2. Run a total of 50 miles this month. I ran 34 last month, so I think I can do this!
3. Learn how to use Twitter. I FINALLY got a Twitter account (RunAwayWithKK, you should all follow me!) but I’m still really hesitant to use it to its full potential. I’m so tech challenged!
4. Make a fall to-do list and cross off every item. I don’t want to waste a moment of my favorite season!
5. Try something new. I’m going to leave this really open ended, and see what I come up with. It’s going to be awesome though 🙂
I’m loving these monthly goals! It’s awesome to see what I can accomplish each month. Even something as silly sounding as reading some books is really important, because it helps me slow down, stop stressing, and make time for myself. I’m hoping as time goes on my goals will become bigger and better!
What are your October goals? Who else is on Twitter and can help me figure out what to do?